Software Development Lead
Job Status: Full-time, Exempt | Department: Engineering
Location: Portland, ME
The Software Development Lead is a key member of the Technology Team that works collaboratively with other team members and business leaders to define, model and improve business processes and reporting. Specifically, he or she is responsible for deploying the software solutions to support and streamline these processes and to provide business leaders with access to the meaningful, accurate information they need to make sound business decisions.
The Software Development Lead is technically skilled with an interest in improving business performance and is passionate about problem solving and driven to find and fix issues. He or she should be flexible, ready to work collaboratively with other team members to define process and reporting improvements and then must be able to quickly build supporting software solutions. Most work is done independently, and he or she needs to be self-motivated and able to seek out answers to challenging questions and engage other team members in meaningful dialog to continue to improve IT system delivery.
- Works with business leaders to understand business process and reporting requirements.
- Designs, develops, implements and maintains custom software solutions.
- Models SQL databases to support business process and reporting requirements.
- Builds complex views, user defined functions, and stored procedures.
- Configures ETL tools and manages integration with external systems.
- Communicates technical information to a non-technical audience.
- 5+ years of software development experience, including:
- Microsoft C# backend development
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including:
- Database modelling in support of business processes and reporting
- Building complex views, user defined functions and stored procedures
- 5+ years of experience configuring and managing integration through ETL tools
- Must possess strong organizational and project management skills
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must possess strong logic and quantitative skills
Hours & Travel
Due to COVID-19, this position is currently fully remote. This position will require one day a week working from our office in Portland, Maine when COVID-19 restrictions are eased. Occasional support on weekends and evenings is required. Minimal business travel required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
If you’re interested in this position, please use the form below to apply.
We hope to meet you soon.